Surprise visits and some hospital video entertainment
so today was actually probably the best yet since the accident. woke up after perhaps the most restful night of sleep; i had been having trouble getting down more than five or six hours, seven at the most; which i know many people would consider a lot of sleep, but i'm a complete sleep maven and before all of this considered it one of the best past times...hehe. in fact it was not unusual to be able to rake in around 10 hours; okay, yes i am VERY lucky in that i was able to dictate my own schedule since i was just doing writing and such, so i took full advantage of that. but since i was running and such i was usually pretty tired; but i do have some funky sleep problems in that i wake up virtually every hour and a half and then have to drift back. so even though i was in bed a long time i was still pretty tired when i got up. but anyways, sorry for the random digression there but back to present. i woke up feeling good and my little PT routine is feeling a little bit better. i was feeling pathetic with how weak i was after all of this, and i still am, but i'm seeing very small amounts of progress which feels better.

so then i was just going about my usual thing and such when all of a sudden i get a knock at the door. well, i had planned on visiting with one of my old Nike buds, Ken, but not until later so i was kind of worried it was my landlord needing to fix some pipes or something, so i get my lazy bum up and crutch to the door and low and behold it was AL!!! i had missed our nightly visits at the hospital, and he's always kept super busy with work, so i know he had to shift stuff around and go out of his way to stop by so i was so excited and touched. we had a good visit before he had to get back to the grind, then i was hanging with Ken when the door knocked again, and who was it? my pal Julius and his wife Grace; it was like a little party. all of the visits uplifted my spirits, even though i had been telling people to hold off on visits because i was so embarrassed how messy my apartment was and they should come only after my dad could help me make it look somewhat presentable. but i was ambushed, and i'm happy i was mess and all, because i really needed the pick me up. so THANK YOU to my visitors today and you really made my day!

A bit late, yes, but i FINALLY got the stupid YouTube videos to work that i shot in the hospital. so, they will pretty much be repeats of what i wrote, but one in particular i think is pretty funny with me and my favorite nurse, Craig. These two are just kind of intro's and i'll post the other two tomorrow. So feel free to watch, and i hope you enjoy me being a dork! That's all for now...nite nite!






Bookmark and Share

0 Responses

Post a Comment