A bit too much free time on my hands...


haha...so i hope you can see i had a little fun with the camera today. :) i had to find something to pass all those long hours, and actually today went a lot better than i thought it would. i was able to make myself food for breakfast and lunch, admittedly i'm sure i looked like a monkey the way i was hoisting myself up on the counter and stuff, but i got it done without killing myself. of course everything takes ffooooorrrevvver and then multiple trips to put one thing by the couch, get the next thing, etc. i was having a really tough time trying to move things since i have no free hands on the crutches, and when i had to refill my water bottles i had to put them in this stupid plastic bag and sling it around my arm. so when my bro stopped by tonite i asked him to pick me up an apron with front pockets. so he shows up with this patterned one and then on the top it reads 'Queen of Everything.' so that merited him an eye roll for which he had a good laugh. i told him tomorrow he has to take a pic with me in it so i can put it up. needless to say, i guess he had a bit of fun taking advantage of the fact i can do nothing about it and have to use the apron whether i like it or not...hehe.

so after my supplies were dropped of, he was kind enough to let me rest and heated up my micro dinner...but i know i COULD have done it if i had too. still it was much sweet just being a bum, telling him what i want, and then being served. :P my pain is doing better, which really was a worry for me. it kind of ebbs and during the night it usually flares up so when i have to get up to go to the bathroom i have to take some deep breaths and prepare myself for a little 'hello' from my lower leg. but it was okay and during the day it was better than it had been in the hospital. and i'm trying to slowly push back one of my pain meds; i can take it once every 12 hours but i've been able to go a tad longer and i don't want to have to be on the hard stuff for too long. but then i don't really feel like a throbbing leg so i'm only moving it back a little bit at a time...yea, i know all of this is so exciting to read!

the only thing i'm kinda worried about is that the left leg that also got hit by the car bumper was left pretty swollen and my ankle is still pretty sore. but it's the only one i can stand on, and with the more i did today it's gotten a bit more sore. i just want at least one good leg for crying out loud, so i'm hoping it will sort of calm down soon.

well, to keep myself busy i did lots of email, caught up on some stuff i missed replying to when i was gone and then i'm kind of starting a new book idea i've had for awhile but wasn't sure of the full direction it would go and if i was really in love with the idea. but i thought that i might as well at least start while i have some time and see where that goes. then finally i did do some drawing for two projects i've got and been meaning to get to; monica i sketched out an idea for ur Pink Hair campaign and Ali i finished an idea for ur cartoon, but my bro wasn't able to scan them for me tonite and promised to do it tomorrow, so i hope to get those out to u ASAP and no hard feelings if it isn't ur style or u want something tweaked. then i started doing some thank u cards for all the great people that helped me in the hospital. all the while i believe i caught up on more repeat movies than i could almost stand! :P

well, i hope u all are doing well and are having a great weekend...nite nite!


Bookmark and Share

0 Responses

Post a Comment