Next surgery on tap for tomorrow and the plans for the 2011 gimp leg classic race
Thank you all for your well wishes and support! It is very much appreciated, and I'm sorry I have not been able to get back to each of you individually. I have been wiped, and still not quite 'all there' thanks to the array of 'fun' candies and meds currently being pumped into my system. I have continually tried to get the videos I've shot up, if I may say so myself the nurses and my bud Al and I have some fairly entertaining sketches...I think we would at least be more welcomed than Leno at the moment! haha....okay, but YouTube, Blogger, and this Flipshare Video thing is currently the other bane of my existence...and I just can't get it done. Whatever the case, sorry, but I do thank you for all of the warm wishes. Today was pretty crappy in that my head and nausea was the worse it's been since coming off the first round of anesthesia...while some of the nurses tell me, "I warned you not to eat the hospital food," I don't think that turkey sandwich could have been THAT rancid, so after talking around they are sort of mixing up my cocktail and hopefully tonight will be better.

Surgery set for 7am tomorrow, and then they'll have a more realistic idea of how many more, how long I get to be a potato on this bed for, and the running forecast. Whatever the case, I'm nervous but just want to get it over with! Not looking forward to post op. anesthesia/catheter/morphine/IVs getting tangled all over and such, but I'm hoping that it at least may be the last bout for a bit. Okay, I'm tired and time for more meds soon...hahaha...it's like a perverse Charley and the Chocolate Factory thing, except I definitely got gypped out of any golden ticket. Nite to all, thanks for the support and see you later! Oh, and forgot to say the latest update in regards to going mobile, they scored me one of those geriatric walkers (it's actually a souped up one with a max. capacity of 450lbs, I hope they aren't trying to send me any kind of message with that) and I took it with a 'walk' around the hallway with Al towing along my disgusting leg fluid sack sucker...but we made it an astounding 150m total probably...obviously no weight on the messed up leg but at least I was able to sort of move and see some 'scenery.' For all those interested me and Al are already training for the 200m gimp leg classic to be held for all those wishing to strut their skills with the geriatric walker down the ward...you'll see mine as by that time it will be the one with spinners...yea, I'm that cool. And I'm that foggy in the head, nite for real this time.


Bookmark and Share

0 Responses

Post a Comment